Solid Hardwood Flooring
From traditional domestic styles to exotics, Cross Island Flooring produces solid flooring from the finest materials. Our floors offer many unique and visually striking appearances that are distinctly different from any other manufacturer. Our solid hardwoods are available in a variety of widths and lengths with cool smooth or intricate textured surfaces for home or commercial installations.
Back to top
Manufacturing Lifetime Warranty
Download Warranty (.PDF)
For the lifetime of the originally installed flooring, the manufacturer warrants that this Hardwood Flooring shall not contain manufacturing defects caused by improper milling, dimension, or grading [AND as to engineered flooring, improper assembly and lamination also], individually or together, in excess of industry standards (that is, 5% of the total flooring installed, except as to the finish, which must affect at least 10% – see below). Any defects, individually or together, affecting less than 5% of the installed floor (10% as to the finish) are not covered.
If manufacturing defects are present in excess of industry standards in the uninstalled wood flooring, then the defective pieces should be returned to the original place of purchase PRIOR TO INSTALLATION. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CUSTOMER AND INSTALLER TO INSPECT ALL PIECES OF FLOORING FOR DEFECTS PRIOR TO INSTALLATION. FLOORING THAT HAS BEEN INSTALLED WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY THE CUSTOMER AND WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR REPLACEMENT EXCEPT AS TO LATENT DEFECTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY.
If manufacturer deems the flooring to be defective, manufacturer will replace it with an equivalent quantity of the same or similar product at no charge to the customer. If manufacturer is unable to furnish an equivalent replacement product, manufacturer may, at its sole discretion, elect to refund to the customer a portion of the original purchase price equivalent to the apportioned purchase price of the defective portion of the floor. Under no circumstances will the value of a warranty claim exceed the original purchase price of the product.
Fifty Year Finish Warranty
The manufacturer warrants that the factory finish on this Hardwood Flooring will not wear through for a period of 50 years from the date of purchase under normal residential traffic conditions and use in excess of 10% of the total flooring installed – any defects, individually or together, affecting less than 10% are not covered, and PROVIDED THAT THE CARE & MAINTENANCE GUIDE AND THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS HAVE BEEN FULLY COMPLIED WITH. If wear-through does occur within the warranty period, manufacturer will, at its sole discretion, either repair the affected portion of the floor or replace it with an equivalent quantity of the same or similar product at no charge to the customer. If manufacturer is unable to repair the product or is unable to furnish an equivalent replacement product, manufacturer may, at its sole discretion, elect to refund to the customer a portion of the original purchase price equivalent to the apportioned purchase price of the defective portion of the floor. This is the sole remedy provided by this warranty. Any other incidental or consequential damages or costs incurred by the customer as a result of the defective piece of flooring, including any labor costs incurred to remove and reinstall affected portions of flooring, will not be covered by this warranty.
Back to top
Cross Island Installation and Care
Your Hardwood Floors are factory-finished with a durable finish, but the consumer must follow some simple care and maintenance procedures to keep the floor looking its best and help to protect it from unnecessary wear and damage.
- Sweep or vacuum the floor (with an appropriate broom or vacuum attachment) regularly to keep it clean and free of dirt, oil, dust, grit, sand and other abrasive and foreign materials.
- Place area rugs or doormats at entryways to help prevent sand, grit, oils, dirt and other abrasive or staining materials from being tracked onto the floor surface from outdoors. Avoid rubber-backed or similarly dense matting materials that may trap moisture between the mat and the floor; choose mats that enable airflow instead and do not discolor the floor.
- Place protective mats at high-use work areas such as sinks, ranges and workstations.
- Protect the floor from any exposure to liquids, water and other forms of moisture. Blot up any spilled food, drink, or other liquid immediately.
- Never wet mop the floor when cleaning. The floor finish is not waterproofing.
- Avoid walking on the floor with wet feet or footwear.
- Use a damp – not wet- and clean cloth to wipe up spills or spots as soon as they happen. If such cleaning does not remove the stain, then contact a flooring professional to determine if and how such stain may be treated.
- Ensure that environmental conditions are maintained with a temperature of between 60-78° F and relative humidity at between 35-55% AT ALL TIMES; otherwise, cupping, gapping, splitting will result, for which there is no warranty.
- Hardwood flooring will naturally undergo a change in color as it adjusts to the ambient light conditions of your home environment. The degree of color change varies by species. To ensure a uniform change, it is recommended that you do not place area rugs on the new floor for sixty days after installation. Thereafter, periodic re-arrangement of furniture and area rugs will help ensure that you’re flooring colors evenly.
- Install felt pads on the feet of all furniture and accessories that will be placed directly onto the floor surface.
- Avoid letting sharp or pointed objects come into contact with the floor surface. Do not walk on the floor with high-heeled shoes, sports cleats, or other types of footwear, which may damage the finish or cause indentations to the surface.
- Pets’ nails will scratch and mark the floor surface. Keep pets’ nails trimmed to minimize damage to the surface.
- Do not drag, push or roll appliances, furniture or any heavy object across the floor. Use heavy-duty moving mats, dollies, or other moving aids to protect the floor surface.
- Routine sweeping or vacuuming will keep the floor clear of most dust, grit and debris.
- For more thorough cleaning, use a wood floor cleaning solution approved for use with your Hardwood Flooring (available at your dealer). Follow the product instructions.
- Never use any household or furniture “dust remover,” polish,” or similar product.
- Never use any oil-based cleaner, wax, polish, or other product (with the exception of products that are finished with the OSMO oil finish which requires OSMO oil maintenance products to be used).
- Never use any detergent, soap, steel wool, scouring pad or the like, or any other abrasive or ammoniated cleaner.
Back to top